DANUrB – DANube Urban Brand /// 2017-2019
– scroll down for the list of final output documents –
The Department of Urban Planning and Design as lead partner proudly announces the beginning of an interreg project financed by the Danube Transnational Programme:
DANUrB – DANube Urban Brand – a regional network building through tourism and education to strengthen the “Danube” cultural identity and solidarity.
Project period: 2017.01.01 – 2019.06.30.
The DANUrB cultural network aims to strengthen the Danube regional cultural identity and to create a common brand by fostering transnational cultural ties between the settlements along the Danube, and by exploring the unused or hidden cultural and social capital resources for a better economic and cultural return. The main goal of the project is to create a comprehensive spatio-cultural network, a “Danube Сultural Promenade” connecting all communities along the river, unifying these into one tourism destination brand, offering thematic routes and developing possibilities that can increase the number of visitors and can prolong their stay in the region. Project partners – relevant universities, research and development centres, regional municipalities, cultural NGOs, tourism boards and professional market based agencies – will create a network and platform to work along a sustainable cultural and tourism strategy, proving that a common Danube urban brand can bring social and economic benefits at once. Very important in this process is that international knowledge and practice will be implemented in local conditions. The closest cooperation with communities and regional stakeholders from Danube countries, creation of common strategy based on individual approach and site specific, can guaranty durability of the project results expressed in sustainable maintenance of Danube Cultural Promenade by local neighbors with economic independence on basis of boosted development of tourism and cultural industry.
DANUrB related subjects and programs of our Department.
MOST IMPORTANT KEY DOCUMENTS PREPARED DURING THE PROGRAMME:
WHAT IS DANUrB?
- DANUrB Booklet – HERE
THE DANURB STRATEGY
- DANUrB Strategy – HERE
- Annex 1- DANUrB Pilot Activity Portfolio – HERE
- Annex 2 – Selected cultural heritage for valorisation – HERE
- Strategic document 01 – Development of tourism at Szigetzug micro-region – HERE
- Strategic document 02 – Development of tourism at the Danube Bend micro-region – HERE
- Strategic document 03 – Golubac & The Iron Gates – Plans at the municipal/intermunicipal level for the spatial organization of cultural heritage – HERE
- Strategic document 04 – Smederevo – Integrative strategic planning and design for the strengthening of identity and cultural tourism in the Danube cities – HERE
- Strategic document 05 – Spatial planning strategy for heritage development at intermunicipal level: Giurgiu – Ruse – HERE
- Strategic document 06 – CHANCES, development paths for the Wachau region – HERE
- Booklets – DANUrB methodology booklets – HERE
CULTURAL NETWORK AND BRAND
- Krems – Stein – HERE
- Komarom – Komárno – HERE
- Esztergom – Štúrovo – HERE
- Danube Bend / Dunakanyar – HERE
- Backa-Palanka – Ilok – HERE
DANURB BOOK – HERE
DANURB BRAND BOOK – HERE
- DANUrB Student Cataloge BME – TT 12+3 – 2017 – HERE
- DANUrB Student Cataloge BME – TT 12+3 – 2018 – HERE
- DANUrB Impulses for Komárno – 2018 – HERE
- DANUrB Impulses for Štúrovo – 2019 – HERE
- Catalogue of Student Works – Ion Mincu University of Architecture and Urbanism – HERE