The Department of Urban Planning and Design s organising a one-day study trip to Vienna on 15 March 2023 (Wednesday).
The trip aims to explore the characteristics of urban density, the “compact” city, the quality of public space and urban services in a complex area like Vienna. We will explore mainly contemporary developments – off the beaten tourist track – in the city centre’s transition zones. A free programme will follow the study tour in the city centre.
Highlights of the programme:
- Budapest – departure from the university at 6 am
- Vienna – Gasometer 9.00 am
- Contemporary urban developments in transition zones – 9.45-14.00
- Arrival in downtown Vienna, free time – 15.30-18.30
- Arrival in Budapest, in front of the university – around 23.00
Everyone is welcome, whatever their subject.
The study trip is open to all students and the programme will be launched if at least 32 students apply.
The cost of the bus trip is 9000 HUF/person.
You can register by paying the travel costs at the department office (K293).